Tognetti Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy and security of Personal Information that we collect in the course of providing our services and to abiding to all National Privacy Principles established by the Privacy Act 1988 and amendments made from time to time.
Types of Personal Information Held
Personal information that we may collect and hold usually falls into the following categories:
- Candidate information submitted and obtained from the Candidate and other sources in connection with an application for work;
- Work performance information including references;
- Information in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes;
- Information about incidents in the workplace;
- Information obtained to assist in managing client and candidate relationships
- Staffing information;
- Information regarding duties and roles;
- Information regarding current or likely projects and activities.
Purposes for which we hold Personal Information
We primarily hold personal information for the following reasons:
- Job Placements;
- Provision of temporary and permanent staffing resources;
- Client and business relationship management.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information to our Clients and Candidates for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose. We will only disclose Personal Information that has been provided to us if:
- We have authority to do so;
- We have given notification of the intention to use or collect information and there has been no objection to that use or disclosure;
- We are under a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose personal information.
From time to time we may outsource various operational functions. This means that contractors may see some personal information in the course of carrying out their duties in IT troubleshooting or maintenance of the database system or where email abuse is suspected or has corrupted some of that information. Typically our contractors would include
- IT contractors
- Database operators
We ensure that Contractors are made aware of their obligations regarding any personal information held by us.
Security of Personal Information
When we receive personal information, we take all necessary and reasonable steps to secure Personal Information in our own systems. We have in place measures to ensure that our firewalls and IT safeguards are up to date and that Tognetti staff and authorised Contractors who have access to your personal information are aware of their obligations to protect your privacy. We cannot guarantee that data transmission over the internet will be totally secure at all times therefore we cannot warrant the total security of any information transmitted.
Web Site Visitors
We do not collect any personally identifiable information from visitors to our website who chose not to provide that information to us. Our Web Host may from time to time gather generic information such as the type of Internet browser and operating system, domain name of the web site user, average time spent on our website, pages viewed etc but our Web Host assures us that none of this information can be traced to the individual user.
You have the right to know details of the information we collect about you. If you believe any of the details we hold are incorrect or you do not wish us to continue to hold your Personal Information you should contact us as below.
If you have any queries about your privacy rights in general you should call the Federal Privacy Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or visit their website on www.privacy.gov.au.
Enquiries can be made to our Privacy Co-ordinator by click here
or telephone 0011 61 2 9460 3355
or fax 0011 61 2 9460 3311